Meet your Doctors
Dr. Elliott is from Louisville, Kentucky where he graduated from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 1995. He completed three additional years of training in pediatric dentistry at the UNC School of Dentistry and UNC Memorial Hospital in Chapel Hill and obtained his Masters Degree in June of 1998. Dr. Elliott will remain affiliated with both the University of Louisville and UNC as an Adjunct Assistant Professor. He is Board Certified and a Diplomate with The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry as well as a Fellow with The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Elliott remains well connected with colleagues and holds memberships with the North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the American Dental Association.
Residency University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
Department of Pediatric Dentistry
Chapel Hill, NC
June 1995-June 1998
Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry awarded June 1998
Graduate University of North Carolina School of Dentistry
Department of Pediatric Dentistry
Chapel Hill, NC
June 1995-December 1998
Masters of Science Degree in Dentistry awarded December 1998
Dental University of Louisville
School of Dentistry
August 1991-May 1995
D.M.D. degree awarded May 13, 1995
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2000 Matsco Dental Office Design Competition - 3rd Place
- 1997 Babcock Fellowship Award
- 1997 North Carolina Academy of General Dentistry First Place Graduate Table Clinician Award
- 1997 Kentucky Colonel Distinguished Leader Award
- 1997 Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- 1996 Ted Oldenburg Fellowship Award
- 1995 The American Society of Dentistry for Children Certificate of Merit
- 1995 American College of Dentists Award, Kentucky Section
- 1995 Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- 1989 Collegiate National Championship Award in cheerleading
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- North Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Society of Dentistry for Children
- American Association of Dental Schools
- American Dental Association
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity Member, Omicron Chapter
- Current Advisor for the North Carolina Dental Assistants Association
- Dental Attending at Orange County Health Department and Durham County Health Department
- Undergraduate Clinic Dental Attending
- Treatment of children in the operating room under general anesthesia
- Treatment of children utilizing conscious sedation medication
- Preventive Orthodontic Clinic
- UNC Cleft Lip/Palate Team Member
- General Anesthesia Rotation
- Pediatric Medicine Rotation
- Chief Resident of Administration
- Chief Resident of Hospital Activities
International Association of Dental Research March 1999 Meeting - Vancouver, Canada
CO2 Laser and Formocresol Pulpotomy Effects on Human Primary Pulp
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry May 1997 Meeting - Philadelphia
We All Have Different Faces - Patients With Craniofacial Anomolies
UNC Hospitals Patient Care Conference March 1998
Dental Esthetics and Self Image - New and Current Treatment Approaches
CO2 Laser Pulpotomy on Vital Human Primary Pulp Tissue, Principle Investigator looking at split mouth design of formocresol versus CO2 laser pulpotomies in 32 primary canines identified for orthodontic extraction. Funded by Luxar Corporation.
Monocopper Citrate Toothpaste Study, research funded by $120,000 grant from Biosystems Research. Project manager of a double blind study comparing the effects of a dentrifice containing Monocopper Citrate against a control. Bleeding, gingival and periodontal indices were evaluated and measured on 250 subjects.
1999 "CO2 Laser and Formocresol Pulpotomy Effects on Human Primary Pulp" Pediatric Dentistry
1994-present "University of Louisville School of Dentistry Student Clinical Protocol Manual"
1994-present "Application to Post Graduate Studies" (University of Louisville and University of North Carolina Schools of Dentistry Manuals)
1993-present "How to Survive Your Freshman Year" (University of Louisville School
of Dentistry Manual)
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- State Licensure North Carolina State Dental Board - License number 6762
- Regional Licensure NERBS - North East Regional Board Exam includes Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, US Virgin Islands, Vermont and West Virginia.
- CRDTS - Central Regional Board Exam includes Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- 1996-present PALS Certified - Successful completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support Course.
- 1991-present BLS Certified - Successful completion of Basic Life Support Course.